Welcome to The Finishing Touch
Contact Annette at 703-304-9315
About The Finishing Touch and Annette Wingo
My name is Annette and I have been quilting for over 33 years. I enjoy making pieced and applique quilts, working with my hands, and using my machines. Located in Moseley, VA, outside of Richmond, I use a top of the line Gammill/Statler Stitcher. I work closely with you, to ensure that you love your completed quilt. My goal is to always give your quilts the individual attention they deserve and to enhance their beauty with the perfect Finishing Touch.
- I specialize in computerized Edge to Edge designs.
- More customized quilting (and pricing) with separate border motifs may be considered on a case by case basis.
- *Please note that I can only take quilts up to 120″ wide or less in size.
- **I will choose a thread to match the top of the quilt, using a color that blends the best with the fabrics in your quilt top. I use cotton, poly/cotton or polyester thread. I do not quilt with invisible thread.
- As an additional service, I can trim your quilt, even with the edge, so that it’s ready for binding. I do not charge for this service. 😊 (Excludes minky fabric, and quilts that are not easily squared).
*I offer computerized Edge to Edge designs starting at a flat rate of 0.022 per square inch for simple quilting designs. For example, a quilt measuring 60”x 75”. 60×75=4500 x 0.022= $99
Please note: Minimum quilting cost-$50.00
**For more dense quilting designs, the price will increase to 0.023 (or higher, depending on the density) per square inch.
***You may bring your own batting or, if you prefer, I offer Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly batting at $9.99/yard for 96″ width, or $11.99/yard for the Hobbs 120″ width.
When extra definition is desired, the batting can be doubled.
****Partially customized quilts (such as the interior of the quilt having an edge to edge design, with a border motif that complements the rest of the quilt) take more time, and start at $.04/square inch. Estimates will vary with the complexity of each quilt.
******There is a thread/needle/supply charge ranging from $5to $10, depending on quilt size ($5 for baby quilt, up to $10 for King size)
*****Custom quilting starts at $.10/square inch, when available.
** Customers outside of my area may ship your quilt to me to be quilted. Please contact me at 703-304-9315 for my mailing address. Also, please include your phone number and email address so that I can contact you, as well as your address so that I can mail your quilt back to you. You will be responsible for shipping quilt to me and paying for the return postage.
Other services offered:
- Piecing the backing or batting for your quilt- $10 per long seam (plus the cost of supplies, if applicable) *price is for average quilt backing requiring 2 pieces, or 1 long seam
- For extra large backing, requiring 3 fabric panels, or 2 seams, cost is $30.
- Binding (Creating, attaching by machine and hand finishing- $.31/linear inch
- Commissioned quilts- $25/hour for construction of quilt top (total price will vary due to differences in complexity of design, as it affects the time it takes to construct.)
- Basting your quilt for hand quilting- starting at $50
- A “rush” charge of $25 will be required to guarantee delivery of your quilt in under a week.
*Prices subject to change
I look forward to giving your quilt the perfect Finishing Touch!
Preparing your quilt
Get in Touch
The Finishing Touch Longarm Quilting
6445 Twin Falls Ct. Moseley, VA. 23120
Send Us a Message
Copyright The Finishing Touch Longarm Quilting 2018 – All rights reserved